To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager - Corporate
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics • Springfield, VA
Posted 14 days ago
The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you will be responsible for soliciting relocation and related services from key targeted customer groups including; federal civilian (GSA) agencies, quasi-government entities, corporate/national account sector, and membership associations. Services offered shall include full service relocation management and all designated SINS within the GSA’s Federal Supply Schedules to government agencies, other contracting vehicles participated in by the company, as well as other applicable offerings of the organization. Furthermore, this position is responsible for the account management (retention) of existing assigned accounts.
• Directly pursue and develop new business opportunities resulting in new revenue.
• Researches and qualifies business lead opportunities through various resources to include; online, networking sources and industry publications and captures such within the CRM database.
• Maintains up to date and accurate record of all business development and account management initiatives, status, events and other significant activities within CRM database.
• Participates in and coordinates efforts in preparing RFQ’s, RFP’s, RFI, Sources Sought, etc.
• Participates in the development and implementation of marketing strategies.
• Represents the company at trade, industry and association meetings as applicable.
• Responsible for the account management of existing customer relationships (client retention) through the development of a plan program of communication and interaction to include; periodic office visits, communication/correspondence campaigns and other contacts/methods.
• Conducts and reviews market conditions to determine customer needs, forecasted volume potential, price schedules, etc.
• Provides analysis, assessments and recommendation of existing and prospective customer initiatives, projects, and contracts.
• Monitors client performance satisfaction as it pertains to service delivery activities and provides observations, recommendations, and suggestions to the management team.
• Monitors the timeliness and accuracy of billing/invoicing of services to clients.
• Assists with the ensuring compliance with all provisions of the client policies, guidelines including those associated with the General Services Administration (GSA) Household Goods Tender of Service (HTOS), Request for Offers (RFO), Federal Supply Schedule and other regulatory and governing tariffs, policies and procedures.
• 5+ years demonstrated sales success, 8+ years household goods and/or relocation management industry experience (corporate, government), security clearance preferred, desired proficiency in corporate policy consulting.
• Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) or Global Mobility Specialists designation preferred. If such is not held, candidate must accomplish such within 1 year of employment or authorized equivalent.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public, distinctively and clearly in English without need for interpretation.
• Must have proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate Level or higher preferred).
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, minimum of 8 years.
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.