ENSCO Avionics is looking for talented Engineers to help verify embedded software applications for the next generation of commercial aircraft. Your responsibilities will span the full DO-178C Verification Process, from reviewing software requirements to designing and executing requirement-based tests. The software testing process involves the use of Special Test Equipment (STE) to monitor and control the hardware interfaces that interact with the embedded software applications under test. Test procedures are developed through automated scripts that interact with National Instruments LabVIEW Virtual Instruments for controlling the STE. There are multiple positions available from entry-level candidates through the experienced DO-178 Verification Engineer. Connect with ENSCO to explore the possibilities of joining our exciting team!
At ENSCO Avionics, we take our tagline “Ideas to Reality” very seriously. Joining ENSCO is an opportunity to advance humankind through technological and scientific discovery. Our dedicated workforce is diverse—in background, experience, skills, and interests. ENSCO Avionics employees are encouraged to be courageous and innovative in their ideas and work collaboratively to help develop cutting-edge technology and inventions that make future dreams a reality. ENSCO Avionics offers a supportive & unique culture, positive work environment, and flexible work schedules that empower its employees to achieve their maximum potential.
If you have the skills, experience, and desire to join our talented team and contribute to the needs of today’s modern aircraft, we want to talk to you about this opportunity.Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Minimum of 6 months experience
- Experience using the C Programming Language
- Understanding of Requirement-Based Testing
- Experience using components of Special Test Equipment (STE) such as Oscilloscope, Variable Power Supply, etc. to test embedded software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including working in team environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, work ethic, and attention to quality
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Equivalent
- Experience with RTCA DO-178B/C Verification Process
- Experience with Software Requirements Development
- Experience using MPLAB or similar Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Experience with Analog to Digital ADC and DAC converters
- Experience with serial communications such as CAN, ARINC, or RS-232/422
- Experience working with National Instruments LabVIEW Virtual Instruments
- Experience with Configuration Management systems such as IBM Rational Synergy and/or Apache Subversion (SVN)
- Experience with Requirements Tools such as IBM Rational DOORS
For more than 30 years, ENSCO Avionics has developed sophisticated airborne systems for the aerospace industry to meet DO-178C, DO-254, DO-278A, and military standards for manned and unmanned systems. ENSCO Avionics focus is on safety- and mission-critical software and programmable hardware engineering solutions, custom display development, tailored synthetic vision applications, integration test solutions, and the IData® Tool Suite. ENSCO Avionics, based in Endicott, N.Y., is a wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc. URL blocked - click to applyStrength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Hardworking And Dedicated