To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lead - IT - Technology - OPS Middleware Application Services
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond • Richmond, VA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leads a team responsible for a diverse set of technologies of application middleware, business intelligence, and data integration in IT infrastructure service and operation.
Supervises day-to-day activities of a team focused on managing specific technology components and the integrated technology environment. Activities include configuration, administration, maintenance, security and incident or problem resolution of applications and application servers. The incident and problem may be directly and indirectly related to databases, distributed and network hardware and software, mainframe, middleware and data storage. With management direction, leads the execution of plans and responsibilities towards the achievement of team goals and objectives. Work with manager on team strategy and direction. Manage and supervise the work of individual contributors. The position has direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Provides day-to day direct supervision to individual contributors and identifies, assesses resource needs for assignments, assigns and follows up on work activities of staff in middleware environments. Coordinates and maintains work schedules, for example, the on call rotation.
2) Analyzes and resolves problems, interprets policies and demonstrates solid knowledge of processes and protocols for application middleware. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
3) Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of organizational resources (operational, financial, and business) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
4) Serves as a resource and advisor to senior leadership. Proactively identifies and makes recommendations around process improvements for the department.
5) Provides input and recommendation of the staff development and ensures staff is knowledgeable about department procedures and processes. May participate in and provides recommendation for personnel actions (i.e., hiring, terminations, promotions, performance appraisal, and training).
6) Participates in the department's resource management process. Plans and executes a course of action based on sound business decisions, and works to effectively identify potential cost-saving opportunities, and resolve resource constraints. Improves and supports business activities through analysis of objectives, goals and client needs.
7) Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Substantial working experience either in a leadership position or senior technical position in the areas of application middleware such as business intelligence and data integration.
- Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. Working knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies. Working knowledge of principles of supervisory leadership.
- Leadership: Provides working and day to day level of leadership and motivation to staff in a rapidly growing business environment. Also, the ability to influence others and gain support for ideas and action plans is required.
- Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
- Risk Management: Be responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline to ensure appropriate controls and risk management throughout area of responsibility.
- Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Responsible for planning and performance with no guidance or assistance on professional aspects of work except under unusual circumstances. Schedules daily work and provides direction to assigned staff, trains, and evaluates performance.
Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
Hours of Work: May require extended work hours. Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary. May be subject to on-call and call back as needed. May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status is required.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 6 to 9+ years of relevant work experience.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org
The deadline to apply for this opening is November 24, 2017.