Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: URL blocked - click to apply.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Take your experiences in embedded hardware and software product management to help us define cost effective features and requirements for Schneider Electric’s industrial automation systems and delivering product releases for current and future products. For new system products, you and your team will be a primary driver in implementing our strategy to deliver innovative embedded and system solutions for our Distributed Control System customers by providing high value secure industrial solutions as defined by your product roadmaps. You will also take your experience with the technologies and trends such as Cloud, IIoT, and Simulation and apply it to new directions in process automation.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Collaboration with Product Marketing, internal and external integration teams, development and customer support teams in the development of strategic product and program direction that provides enhanced customer satisfaction and increased margins while improving our bid success rate
•Converting high level product epics, provided by the Product Marketing team, into a Market Requirements document detailing the specific requirements for the products being developed
• Evaluation of potential solutions with a recommendation based upon QCDI (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Innovation)
• Working with the Execution team, identify development sprint deliverables to optimize the development plan
• Accepting sprint deliverables by insuring the acceptance criteria is met for delivered functionality
• Coordinating external stakeholder (internal and external customers) evaluation of product definition and prototypes
• Creating detailed acceptance criteria with documented feature demonstration requirements to insure your requirements are met
• Developing customer presentations and demonstrations of pre-released products during hosted beta sessions
• Evaluating and managing pre-release sales requests
• Generating product introduction videos
• Review and approve documentation, training materials and manufacturing and service plans
• Evaluation of customer Product Enhancement Requests for future project consideration
• Work with the customer support team to insure and enhance customer satisfaction
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
Technical Experience and Knowledge Required:
• A demonstrable track record of success in a Product Management role, where product development is driven by market, end user or OEM requirements
• Experience facilitating a common strategy between Marketing and Development teams to define a program vision and roadmap for our future products, thinking laterally and understanding how technologies in other industries can be adapted and applied to the development of new products
• Development experience architecting, designing and implementing embedded, high availability hardware and embedded solutions
Performance Skills Required:
• Embedded Systems experience
• Ability to think strategically and promote a product vision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with remote and virtual teams
• Execution skills: demonstrated ability to positively impact company goals by the on time and budget delivery of products and systems via an collaborative effort
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in the planning, definition and monitoring of project deliverables
• Analytical skills and solution focus, judgment, decisiveness and initiative
To assist in successfully executing your programs, you should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Requirement and development management tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira, GitLab. Experience with Salesforce, Tableau or Power BI for data analysis, management and reporting also beneficial.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.