How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Retail Pharmacy Technician assist the pharmacists in providing quality pharmaceutical care to all patients by performing technical duties in the pharmacy department, working under the supervision of the Pharmacist. Duties include rretrieving prescription orders, counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications, mixing medications, selecting the proper prescription container, creating prescription labels, maintaining patient profiles, completing cash register transactions, answering phones, taking inventory of over-the-counter medications, being aware of the latest medicines and their availability.
Required Minimum Education
- High school graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience
- Exposure/experience in all phases of retail pharmacy operations including but not limited to Retail pharmacy operations, Data entry into pharmacy software system, Purchasing/Inventory Control, Controlled Substance Documentation, Data intake from customers, and good customer service skills
Required Minimum Certification
- Licensed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician from the National Technician Licensing Board
- Must be licensed by the State of Georgia.
Required Minimum Skills
- Minimal typing skills. Basic computer skills. Good oral communication skills. Good mentoring skills. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Inventory Control
- Interpersonal Skills
- Data Entry