Paratransit Drivers needed - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Essex County)
Transdev - Roseland, NJ starting at $14.00/hour for CDL Drivers.
$13.15/hour non-CDL Drivers.
Transdev Services, Inc. is looking for Paratransit Drivers to start immediately in its Roseland, NJ (Essex County) facility. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America – one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Why Drive With Us?
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Starting salary $14.00/hour for CDL Drivers. $13.15/hour for non-CDL Drivers.
- Paid health benefits, holiday pay, paid time off, along with flexible work schedules.
- The ability to transport passengers throughout the Essex County, NJ area.
- Ability to advance your career!
Training shifts are assigned based on business need: 6:00 AM thru 5:00 PM week days and some weekends. Each employee will be required to bid a shift which includes weekdays, evenings, and Saturday shifts.
- Drive a transit bus and transport passengersin a safe and courteous manner
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
- Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
- Other duties as required
- 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- With a clean driving record, we will train you to get your CDL B with passenger endorsement with airbrakes.
- Must bring your MVR to the interview.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be punctual with an emphasis on your attendance.
- Must submit to drug testing, DOT physical, and an extensive criminal background check.
- Must submit to drug testing and an extensive criminal background check.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather.
- Must be able to complete driver training.
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Move up and down stairs easily.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
For more information please visit our website at [ Link removed ]
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ]
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen, DOT physical and background check.
Job Locations US-NJ-Roseland
Posted Date 2 months ago (10/1/2019 4:36 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-11383
Position Category Driver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 163
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)