To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Acton, MA
- Phone: (678) 606-0254
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AIC (part of ACS Group) • Acton, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Associate Scientist
Job Location: Devens, MA
Job Duration: 06+ Months W2 Contracts
The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting analytical activities within Biologics Process Development (PD). The role will involve supporting in-process analytical testing, delivering results within customer and project timelines, assay harmonization activities within the network groups, and evaluation of new analytical technologies. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, is a team player, and have experience in Bioanalytical techniques as they apply to Biologics and related process impurities. Techniques of interest include Immunoassays, Quantitative PCR, Liquid Chromatography, and Gel Electrophoresis. A reasonable appreciation of upstream and downstream process development activities is highly desirable.
- Develop, transfer and evaluate bio-analytical techniques for monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins to support Process Development.
- Assay support of Biologics Process Development activities.
- Immunoassays (including HCP, residual Protein A and other impurities) and separation techniques (LC, CE, iCE) to support Biologics Process Development activities.
- Operate and automate routine assays on a Tecan or similar automation platforms.
- Work closely with Process Development to support analytical needs and engage in long-term collaboration.
- Follow written scientific methods and experimental protocols, documents results, authors and reviews summary reports.
- Run tests and trend assay performances across the Network sites.
- Review PD design of experiments study protocols.
- Support manufacturing site investigations as required.
- Requires a MS or BS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or a related discipline, with a 1+ year's relevant laboratory experience in a research environment.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and in-depth working knowledge of immunoassays (e.g. HCP, rProtein A, and Insulin ELISAs), qPCR, protein purification, and automated liquid handlers is preferred.
- Working knowledge of design of experiments and factorial design.
- Familiarity with upstream and downstream biologics processing.
- Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up.
- Development experience for both early- and late-stage molecules is highly desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups. Deliver results in line with project and team objectives.