UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is involved in the development, presentation and delivery of community outreach initiatives, activities, and market strategies to support the Medicaid business and drive membership growth.
Bring your passion for community relations and outreach to the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan! We work in low-income communities in Washington State to help children and families, adults without dependent children, individuals with disabilities, homeless individuals and seniors access health care coverage available to them, and learn about the health benefits, services and programs available to them through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and our partners. You will be responsible for building positive, lasting relationships with community-based partners, faith-based organizations and provider groups in order to reach and engage our members and Medicaid eligible individuals.
This WA Community Outreach Rep will focus on mastering the basics of healthcare industry and the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Your cultural competency is an asset as we serve thousands of members with many varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds, all with different experiences and needs when it comes to understanding healthcare coverage and navigating the system.
This role will grow as their experience dictates, increasing membership interactions as experience and skills grow. This role will work under the direct supervision of the Medicaid Growth Leader or designee for any provider, member, or community interactions.
** This is a 40hr work week schedule**
** Outside/field position supporting growth team**
If you are located in the state of WA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Acts as UnitedHealthcare Community Plan outreach representative at community events, health fairs, community meetings and activities of the health plan
- Establishes our presence in the community by outreaching virtually and telephonically by creating a full calendar of outreach opportunities, securing participation in established events, and setting up and conducting our own activities
- Develops and strengthens relationships with key partners, including community-based partners, faith-based organizations, provider groups, governmental agencies and more, who serve our members and Medicaid eligible individuals
- Sets up event participation, including setting up booth/table, collateral materials, engagement interactions, and other supplies for exhibits and meetings with community
- Supports health education activities programs and campaigns in clinics, community centers, farmer’s markets, and partner locations
- Assists in tracking, organizing, and ordering collateral and health education materials and giveaways
- Collects and manages outreach and event data to track effectiveness of activities and other key metrics
- Assists growth leaders in preparation of plan reporting on membership and outreach activities and provides analysis on implications of data for senior management
- Analyzes enrollment and disenrollment trends in target service areas
- Performs all job duties in accordance with the compliance requirements
- Works on special projects and all other professional duties as assigned
- Participates in telephonic outreach, redirecting questions to appropriate persons, as needed
- Meets and/or exceeds department service standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
2+ years of experience conducting presentations to community stakeholders and leaders
Business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing, outside sales or community outreach experience
Experience building and maintaining provider and community relationships
Ability to work core business hours, Monday - Friday, 40 hours and overtime, weeknights, and weekends, when required
Travel up to 75% of the time within this WA market area
Active driver’s license with access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to the community and/or patient sites within a designated area
Live in/within commutable distance to Seattle, Tacoma or Everett WA market area
Bachelor's or Master's degree
Bilingual Vietnamese, Chinese or Korean
Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources CBO’s, religious/faith-based organizations FBO’s in designated sales territory
Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Community Outreach Representative, Medicaid, Community Outreach Rep, Marketing, Customer Service, Community Outreach, Medicaid, B2C, King County, Seattle, Pierce County, Tacoma, Everett, Snohomish County, Washington, WA, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare; bilingual; Cantonese; Mandarin; Korean; Affordable Care Act; ACA