St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
We're growing! Join St. Luke's Home health and Hospice as we expand in Schuylkill, Carbon and Northern Berks counties. The Hospice Chaplain is a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team and provides pastoral counseling and spiritual support to patients and families as needed, and serves as a resource to other providers of spiritual support involved with Hospice patients and families.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Supports the dignity of the dying
-Supports the patient/family spiritual and cultural belief systems
-Provides religious rituals and assists with funeral/memorial services as requested
- Assists patients, caregivers and families with spiritual care related to death and dying.
- Visits patients and completes a spiritual assessment, documents and reports to the interdisciplinary team.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient, family, local clergy, and the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in IDG team meetings and provides spiritual input into the plan of care.
- Interprets spiritual issues for the IDG team.
- Provides bereavement services survivors.
- Networks with community resources and represents hospice in the community.
- Participates in staff development and in-service programs.
- Is available for emergency on-call service.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands: Medium Work, occasionally lifts and/or carries 50 lbs., frequently lifts and/or carries 25 lbs. Stand and/or walk 6 hours in an 8-hour day. The functional capacity to perform medium work includes the functional capacity to perform sedentary and light work
Graduate of an accredited school of Theology, ordained clergy or licensed/endorsed lay person.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Trained in and at least one year experience in spiritual care and bereavement care Basic unit of Clinical Pastoral Education.
Primary Day Shift with variable need evenings or weekend dependent of patient and family needs. 24-hour emergency availability.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chaplain Orwigsburg[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chaplain Orwigsburg
Service Excellence Health Care