Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements, biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.Responsibilities:
The Associate Research Director Global Big Data RWE will be a subject matter expert on the use of Real World Data (RWD). The role holder will transform real-world administrative claims data or electronic medical records (EMR) into actionable insights for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies, clinical development and regulatory interactions using statistical methods and innovative data visualizations to support decisions. The individual will develop internal collaboration on RWD assets, analytics and technology across the organization. The Associate Director will report to Director, Real-World Evidence (RWE).
- Develop and drive real-world evidence (RWE) tactics across multiple molecules, in collaboration with internal partners, to ensure that the value of Jazz products is fully supported by evidence for global and local regional audiences.
- Serve as the researcher/analyst for RWE projects under the direction of the project engagement lead.
- Lead real-world evidence analysis using a variety of real-world big data sources –administrative claims data or EMR.
- Follow quality control process of RWE analytics to develop high-quality, comprehensive study proposals or protocols containing clearly defined patient populations, study objectives, and study design that can be readily and correctly implemented.
- Provide input to the design of RWE databases, if applicable, for proper data capture and to ensure data quality.
- Utilize big data platform (eg. Aetion) or relevant analytic software (eg. SAS, STATA, SSPS etc.), and develop production of data tables and graphs.
- Facilitate initiatives with external partners to leverage innovative technology such as machine learning and interactive visualization.
- Provide and clearly communicate analytical and methodological expertise on RWE studies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay current with research on HEOR methodology and its applications as pertinent to GV-HEOR needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- PhD degree in the areas of health economics, pharmaceutical economics, or outcomes research with 2 + years’ research experience
- At least 3 years with analytic experience of healthcare claims databases or EMR
- Familiarity with US and global health care delivery system (eg. payers and reimbursement models)
- Experience in healthcare industry across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic evaluations
- Experience with big data analytical platforms
- A track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications demonstrating expertise in RWE
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams required to support program, project and contract management and financial reporting
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- PhD degree in health economics, pharmaceutical economics, outcomes research or related discipline
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Clinical Study Design
Pre Clinical Development