City Cruises is seeking a General Manager for our operation in Washington - DC. About You:
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System. About the Opportunity:
The successful City Cruises Washington DC General Manager
will ensure financial growth and profitability for their ports by maintaining or exceeding company standards by
• Ensuring implementation and execution of the city objectives
• Overseeing execution of the product portfolio to ensure consistently high levels of quality, service and guest satisfaction while maintaining a high level of profitability. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Business Strategy
• Prepares and manages against the annual budget.
• Maximizes revenue growth.
• Maximizes EBIT; achieves annual growth of EBIT percentage.
• Maximizes asset utilization though effective yield management.
• Ensures achievement of multiple product line objectives.
• Protects and enhances the long-term business environment of the unit (dock lease, office lease, storage, parking)
• Identifies and monitors major capital improvement projects
• Negotiates leases with landlord for pier space as well as office space.
• Sales Product Delivery and Innovation
• Develops sales strategies with the Regional Director of Sales and Regional Vice President; Consults the VP of Sales to ensure strategic alignment
• Partner with the Group and City Cruises specific Marketing teams, and Regional Marketing Director to coordinate product specific marketing and campaign planning across B2B, B2C, B2B2C.
• Drives the development and execution of the sales and marketing plan
• Ensures that pricing in-line with the product’s positioning and aligned with business and market strategies
• Monitors sales performance against sales targets and works with the Regional Director of Sales to redefine sales targets as appropriate
• Strong presence onboard the vessel developing teams and ensuring guest and crew satisfaction
• Ensures delivery of the product according to established guidelines and standards to ensure a high-quality guest experience
• Evaluates market opportunities and takes local action and/or asks for HQ support
• Instrumental in driving new business, including product innovation, new direction in markets and new clients by keeping in touch with the local community
• Resolves difficult customer problems in order to create a win-win solution for the customer and City Cruises
• Human Resources
• Coaches and motivates three (3) department direct reports – Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Marine Operations, and Director of Administration. Dotted line reporting; Regional Director of Marketing and Regional Director of Sales
• Promotes teamwork within and between each department
• Recruits, integrates, and trains direct reports with help of Human Resources Director.
• Supports the ongoing recruiting effort of the seasonal frontline workforce
• Reviews the performance of all direct reports on an annual basis; makes salary increase recommendations to Chief Operating Officer and the HR Director
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
• Develops and maintains a succession plan and development plans for key managers within the unit.
• Monitors vessel operations especially regarding safety
• Handles legal issues in conjunction with HQ, especially those related to liability issues and employee claims
• Has complete knowledge of and ensures compliance with local health, safety, sanitation, and beverage control regulations
• Complies with state and local tax requirements, and all maritime, federal, state, and local regulations and laws governing the operation of dining-cruise type vessels
• When appropriate, works with local regulatory agencies such as the Coast Guard.
• Implements and ensures compliance with all Entertainment Cruises policies and procedures
• Implements and ensures compliance with company safety program
• Additional Responsibilities:
• Attend applicable meetings as designated or necessary
• Other duties as assigned by the Sr. V.P. of Operations
• Additional job duties as assigned Requirements & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5-years senior management level experience in high-volume operation with financial/cost analysis, budget and forecasting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Advanced computer skills are essential; will frequently work with Microsoft office products
• Experience in managing individual and team performance.
• Proven ability to assemble and develop a high-functioning team of professionals.
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Must be able to listen effectively, assess management challenges, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus. About Us:
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. The RESPECT Service System
embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
PandoLogic. Keywords: General Manager, Location: Washington, DC - 20402
- Assembly And Installation
- Claim Processing
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Financial Management