$125000.00 to $155000.00 yearly
REVENUE ACCOUNTING MANAGER - Private Equity Global Software Company in Alpharetta
My client, a private equity backed software company in Alpharetta, is searching for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. The Revenue Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing contract renewal and review, revenue recognition (in accordance with ASC 606), oversight of the revenue cycle, and revenue-related technical research. This is a growing, acquisitions oriented organization. The Revenue Accounting Manager role will have direct interaction with the company's CFO and Global Controller. This position will offer excellent future growth and career development opportunities within the organization.
What You'll Get To Do Every Day:
- Manage day to day aspects of accounting for revenue cycle
- Manage month end close activities including preparing/reviewing and reconciling various schedules and journal entries
- Review revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606; participate in draft contract reviews to identify potential revenue recognition issues
- Research GAAP reporting requirements to provide technical accounting research for non-routine or complex revenue transactions in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain accounting practices & memorandums in compliance with established GAAP accounting policies
- Initiate, review, and implement process improvements to the revenue accounting process to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records
- Collaborate with finance, operations and other cross-functional teams to ensure contract compliance and 360 feedback on process improvements
- Work closely with the Business Applications team to ensure that systems are setup for proper and accurate revenue accounting and reporting
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively. Additionally, ensure maintenance of control documentation for revenue related processes, and key controls while ensuring compliance
- Serve as the liaison with External auditors, present significant item updates, supporting documentation for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Lead and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field of study required
- 5+ years experience in a BIG 4 public accounting firm and/or Revenue Accounting function for a multi-national public or a large private company preferred
- Masters degree and CPA or CMA highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative management style
- Customer service orientation and ability to successfully resolve issues
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and data analysis
If you are looking to join a forward-thinking, growth oriented organization, then this is the role for you. Please submit your formal and confidential resume to Kristen Stough for immediate consideration.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Revenue Accounting Manager
for more information.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles