The Furniture Merchandise Execution Associate will help to drive sales and profitability of the Furniture areas by ensuring superior merchandise presentation through executing floor plans, ADA standards, and accessorizing of key merchandising initiatives. Reports directly to BT Merchandise Execution manager. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with store colleagues to ensure proper execution of floor plans as directed by the Big Ticket Merchandise Execution Manager.
• Ensure timely installation of all seasonal directives and trend statements.
• Effectively communicate Big Ticket standards in order to ensure proper maintenance of presentations.
• Visit furniture galleries or full line furniture and mattress departments as needed, to ensure proper set up is accomplished by deadlines.
• Ensure compliance on basic standards as provided by the Regional Big Ticket Merchandise Execution team.
• Work with Store Management to educate on proper maintenance standards.
• Prior Visual Display, Design, or Merchandising experience.
• Prior Furniture Merchandising experience is a plus.
• Possess excellent communication and people skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• Possess a high energy level and be prepared to move furniture if necessary.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to read floor plans and interpret a variety of diagrams.
• Possess a high energy level and be prepared to move furniture if necessary
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Electronic Visual Display