HollyFrontier Refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming is seeking an experienced Engineering Specialist. The Engineerng Specialist performs front-end engineering, economics, and project development activities for special projects as assigned by management or has expert knowledge in one or more technical disciplines.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Generates new ideas and ways to improve profitability or new commercial opportunities
- Evaluates new ideas and processes that will improve the Company’s profitability or competitive position
- Responds to requests to recommend solutions to new product specifications or new environmental rules
- Participates in project development and implementation including hazops, detailed design review and field verification of installations
- Can have expert knowledge in one or several technical disciplines and provides operating unit guidance in those disciplines
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 15 years of refining experience is required.
Refinery experience at the operations, engineering, or economics and planning manager level or higher is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
A Chemical Engineering Degree is preferred.
Ability to lead and direct the work of other associates. A significant amount of experience in engineering, as well as experience in the energy industry, is essential. Advanced reading and writing skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with others; and the ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
Requires working closely with outside engineering firms, other companies, and in some case governmental agencies. No direct supervision is required: ability to lead cross functional teams is required.
Office and refinery based and with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment and out of doors, including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all weather including outdoors, and varying road conditions.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions.
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures.
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives.
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs.
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations.
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs.
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products, and also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.