Location: Buena Park, CA
Duration: 3 - 6 mos
Pay Rate: DOE- $ per hour (W2)
- Facilitates/leads the use of lean/six sigma (advanced quality) tools to evaluate products and processes.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional team efforts to improve products and processes.
- Analyzes root causes of deficiencies and ensures proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Develops and leads cost effective strategies that results in an ongoing significant improvement to products and processes.
- Assumes leadership delegated responsibility when directed by leadership.
- Analyzes customer/industry/regulatory specifications and ensures compliance of products and processes.
- Leads initiatives to attain/maintain applicable global regulatory and quality standards certifications.
- Provides customer quality interface and support.
- Ensures products shipped to customers meet applicable business unit, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to engineering and Business Units regarding product and process quality requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Supplier Development leadership during the requirement flow down, evaluation, selection and monitoring of suppliers.
- Collaborates with Supplier Development counterparts to achieve goals.
- Actively participate in Lean and 6S initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Quality Assurance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in quality management; preferably in the Aerospace or Automotive industry.
- Knowledgeable with PPAP processes PFMEA control plans and gauge R&R.
- Knowledgeable of IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 for electronic assembly and solder
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and recommended in Spanish.
- A comprehensive knowledge of AS 9100 requirements.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of Lean.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel or Minitab
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office systems such as; PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Master’s Degree in quality, engineering, or a business discipline
- Have working experience with US military standards
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Attention To Detail