Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Technical Customer Support Technician for our client in the Federal domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (with possible extension)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Role: Technical Customer Support Technician
Primary Skills: HelpDesk
Role Description: The Technical Customer Support Technician would need to have at least 1-3 years of experience.
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of client’s desktop and universal laptop computers and client’s customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to client’s internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting client’s users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field plus 2 years of full-time work experience, at least 1 year of which must be supporting IT. In lieu of the A.S. degree, must have 4 full years of full-time work experience, at least 3 years of which must be supporting IT.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate.
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7.
You must be able to obtain Public Trust.
Education: Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent/MS preferred
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Hina Sahni
Recruiter Phone: Phone number blocked - click to apply (Ext: 2017)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Server (Computer Science)