Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Technical Customer Support Technician for our client in the Federal domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (with possible extension)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Role: Technical Customer Support Technician
Primary Skills: HelpDesk
Role Description: The Technical Customer Support Technician would need to have at least 1-3 years of experience.
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of client’s desktop and universal laptop computers and client’s customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to client’s internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting client’s users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field plus 2 years of full-time work experience, at least 1 year of which must be supporting IT. In lieu of the A.S. degree, must have 4 full years of full-time work experience, at least 3 years of which must be supporting IT.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate.
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7.
You must be able to obtain Public Trust.
Education: Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent/MS preferred
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Hina Sahni
Recruiter Phone: Phone number blocked - click to apply (Ext: 2017)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19014
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.