To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Ana, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Marketing Manager, Industrial Cell Culture
FISI - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific • Santa Ana, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Marketing Manager, Industrial Cell Culture. This Individual will plan, develop, organize and implement global marketing strategies, initiatives, and tactical programs to achieve sales targets and optimize Irvine Scientifics’ business opportunities within the Industrial Cell Culture market. This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate (verbally and in writing) Irvine Scientific’s product development and marketing plans, along with strong/deep knowledge of the target market, market/customer expectations, and requirements for developing, promoting and selling products to such a market. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products under development. In addition, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for development of portfolio strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. The Marketing Manager will also develop global strategies and tactics for contending with the opportunities and threats in the assigned primary markets to ensure increased market share for all of Irvine Scientific’s products. The person in this role will need to identify, evaluate, justify and recommend the development of products to improve product line business opportunities in the market.
- Recommending product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market/customer feedback, process improvement and cost [COGS] improvement
- Must have excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation techniques
- Marketing of product line(s) to ensure that business objectives are met
- Formulating and recommending product pricing, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing [RFQ/quotes] and distributor pricing
- Traveling and representing Irvine Scientific at conferences, tradeshows and customer sites
- Promoting and cultivating relationships with industry leaders and key customers through support, activities, memberships in appropriate organizations, and advisory board panels
- Analyzing sales and profit performance of assigned product areas, assessing effects of promotions and providing reports to management. Based on such analyses, recommends enhancements to promotional efforts
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of profitability for the assigned product lines
- Developing new/creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objectives
- Inputting fully characterized justifications for new product ideas
- Carries out market assessments for proposed products
- Leading new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, detailed business proposal to rationalize product development project, and management of product launches, sales training, and post-launch performance reconciliation
- Proposing opportunities for portfolio extensions, including ancillary products for product lines
- Developing business proposals for company investments which assess impact on worldwide markets, short- and long-term strategies, short- and long-term market forecasts, customer requirements, proposed pricing, financial and strategic impact on overall Irvine Scientific business objectives
- Developing and implementing long-range and short-range marketing plans that will capitalize on opportunities for new and existing products, including objectives, strategy, promotion and pricing recommendations
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or Marketing. MBA preferred
- Prior Cell Culture Marketing Experience is a MUST
- 6+ years of Life Sciences technical marketing experience with additional scientific/technical background relevant to the specific needs of the ICC product/services portfolio
- Supervisory experience
- Product Development experience [business/commercial recommendations/justifications]
- Product Management/Marketing/Sales experience
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.