To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director- Winchester, VA- *$1500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE*
HHHunt • Winchester, VA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HHHunt Spring Arbor Senior Living of Winchester is seeking an Executive Director who will lead overall operations to ensure resident needs are met, state and federal regulations and company policy and procedures are followed, and ensure our brand promises are carried out. The ideal candidate needs to have the ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for seniors and be familiar with symptoms and behaviors of dementia and Alzheimer's. Active Administrator's license is required.
The Executive Director is an integral part of our community’s success. This role fosters an environment where our residents, and employees alike, will love to come live and work; an environment of respect, inclusion and open communication with staff, residents and family members. The Executive Director will consistently model HHHunt’s Vision and Values to the staff and community. They will attract and retain top talent by demonstrating a high level of professional, energetic and enthusiastic leadership. The Executive Director is responsible for leading and directing the overall operations of the community in accordance with residents’ and employees’ needs, state and federal regulations, and HHHunt policies and procedures. They are responsible for maintaining excellent service while meeting and exceeding the financial goals as described within HHHunt’s goals and objectives.
- Create and review the budget and maintain adherence
- Forecast monthly income and expenses
- Effectively communicate with staff
- Complete performance evaluations for employees per company schedule
- Work with staff through various training techniques to assure positive representation of the community (e.g. telephone, presentations, etc.)
- Recruit, hire, counsel, and/or terminate employees when necessary and foster employee morale maintaining a high level of team spirit and cohesion
- Handle complaints and/or requests from employees, residents, family members, etc.
- Ensure that the community meets state regulations and requirements for resident care
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of physical plant and grounds
- Maintain awareness of potential problems or concerns and deal with them promptly and appropriately
- Coordinate assessments and admissions
- Coach and assist management team in supervisory skills
- Manage daily operations in accordance with state guidelines. Executive Directors in North Carolina must understand and coordinate all related tasks associated with the Special Assistance Program
Marketing and Community Outreach Responsibilities
- Market the community to maintain the occupancy level and remain profitable
- Develop and implement quarterly marketing plan
- Maintain awareness of competitor’s operations and fee structure
- Present the community to prospective residents and families
- Maintain prospect base
- Host and attend community events and develop positive community relations
- Contribute to the community through affiliation with service organizations, non-profits, etc.
- Network with local professionals, particularly in health care to promote the community
- Complete in-service training per state guidelines
- Develop and maintain positive communication and relationships with residents and their family members
- Work with Regional Directors and corporate representatives to ensure consistency is maintained through the company
- Review care needs and adjust fee structure as needed
- Quality Assurance – conduct routine inspections of services being provided ensuring highest quality
- Perform other related duties as needed (e.g. administrative duties: answer emails, phone calls, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of effective supervisory and management practices, techniques, and methods
- Knowledge of OSHA, federal, state, and county safety regulations and implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Basic accounting skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with residents, co-workers, supervisors, and other individuals
- Must be 21 years of age or older and in compliance with state licensing guidelines
- College education required, degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience supervising a diverse work force
- Maintain current state required administrator license
- Experience with and passion for working with seniors
- Familiarity with symptoms and behaviors of dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for seniors without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to manage team processes and promote a team environment
Our Mission –Inspiring, Building, Enriching. To embrace a culture of respect and trust, inspiring and empowering each team member to fully live our brand promises. We strive to build value and enrich the lives of our employees, customers and community partners.
Our Brand Promises
We promise to be:
- Employee Centered
- Customer Focused
- A Provider of Quality Products and Services
- An Engaged Community Partner
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #CB