• Bachelors/Masters Degree
• 3-5 years of experience in EMC VMAX/PowerMax, Hitachi G1500/G5500, Brocade Switches, NetApp and EMC Isilon
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Physical server provisioning teams on day to day basis to fulfill storage allocations for newly provisioned servers, troubleshooting storage allocation issues, coordinate hardware issues with vendors and address them within defined SLA's.
Manage and Monitor storage capacity availability on daily basis; Act proactively in adding additional storage capacity to inventory to ensure smooth functioning of server provisioning.
• Perform change requests and handle incident tickets on storage technologies. Review, Follow Up and Approve the storage requests wherever possible and help team in securing approvals for change requests to move the work forward.
• Act as escalation point for clients/customers on all storage related requests which happens during the new physical server provisioning
• Resolve challenges with physical server provisioning and virtual appliance builds where storage causing roadblocks by closely working with Cloud View Infrastructure team. Identify and address challenges on physical server build blueprint by reviewing the storage requirements with right teams.
• Review, monitor and update project tracker and milestone accomplishments with respect to storage technologies. Ensure team dashboard unto date with storage availability/consumption and update it on daily basis.
• Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes and work with team to address them quickly.
• Prioritize the projects and timeline based on business needs and work with teams to get physical server builds are delivered on time by successfully addressing all the storage needs.
• Report on challenges and enhancement opportunities to management
• Schedule daily follow up on each and every build project and address the challenges on storage area ahead of the game.
Track and update the hardware PO's of storage related items and hardware cases on daily basis
Partner with Storage Engineering and Operations team in identifying and improving storage automation tasks.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Strong ability to accurately document and record customer/client information (Required)
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Typically required)
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint (Required)
Other,NetApp,Access,Word,Excel,Powerpoint,NICE,management,Leadership,Automation,Engineering, Communication, Troubleshooting, SAN, Business, EMC, Hitachi, Apple,Interpersonal Skills ,infrastructure,storage allocation,storage removal,troubleshooting,ticketing
Attention To Detail