Van Wall Equipment has a proud history as a John Deere dealer dating back to 1944, when the first dealership, known as Wall Implement, was opened on Main Street in Woodward Iowa. Since that time Van Wall Equipment has grown into one of the largest John Deere dealership groups in the country with more than 600 employees and 27 John Deere Locations spanning five states in the Midwest. Van Wall is proud to sell and service a wide range of John Deere equipment.
Van Wall Equipment is looking for an Ag Mechanic to perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment. Candidate should have expertise to use the appropriate tools to successfully diagnose and repair most John Deere equipment.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
- Perform any inspections as required.
- Repair, service, and assemble any machines.
- Check and report any shortages and malfunctions to the Service Manager.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Complete dis-assembly and inspection, as efficiently as possible, so parts may be ordered and machine work can be scheduled promptly.
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Document each job by recording unit serial number and hour meter reading.
- Participate in service training programs required for development of skills and knowledge.
- Report to Service Manager any additional work required to ensure proper operation and safety of equipment. Maintain a clean and safe shop facility and environment.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, vehicles and other employee’s belongings.
- Stay current with technical changes.
- Help the dealership by participating in special programs, such as sales of service packages, demonstration programs, etc.
- Represent the dealership as a professional Service Technician at all times.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following technical manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural equipment
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certifications preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diesel Mechanic John Deere Agricultural Equipment – [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diesel Mechanic John Deere Agricultural Equipment – [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diesel Mechanic John Deere Agricultural Equipment - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diesel Mechanic John Deere Agricultural Equipment
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
If you want to view the Employee Rights under FMLA poster, please click the link: English
Repairing (Computer Systems)