Oversees and directs the development and implementation of sales strategies, initiatives, policies and programs to maximize the business unit’s commercial sales effectiveness and results.
- Develops and implements programs and policies that align with business objectives and measurably improve Business Development Manager’s (BDM) sales productivity, customer retention and sales cycle time.
- Coaches, advises and provides feedback to new and existing BDMs to achieve individual, Strategic Business Groups, and Divisional sales goals.
- Assists in the planning, and execution of National Account Sales initiatives including new sales campaigns, best practices and projects in support of company’s sales strategies.
- Ensures data collection protocols in client relationship management (CRM) are followed
- Performs analytics to provide data that informs business strategy.
- Designs and spearheads implementation of innovative go-to-market approaches, products and services.
- Optimizes sales through existing channels, while exploring and growing new channels.
- Develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, and tracks and monitors account activity.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Possess or be able to achieve pest management certification in all categories as required by state law and/or as deemed necessary by company to achieve required performance standard
- 8 years of sales management experience
- Experience developing and executing against sales plans
- Proven track record in increasing sales and motivating and developing employees
- Practical knowledge of the service industry
- Strategic and integrative thinking skills
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to lead and participate in decision-making and to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong experience in managing projects from idea generation to market introduction.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Results-oriented with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, competing project priorities
- Strong analytical skills to assess, interpret, and translate data from multiple sources into actionable marketing plans
- Ability to present at all levels in the organization
- Travel required up to 75%
- Excellent computer skills; including PowerPoint and other software presentation tools, Word, Access, and Excel
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.