To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wichita, KS 67213
- Steve Jacobson
- Phone: 316-942-2221
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant
Star Lumber & Supply Co Inc • Wichita, KS
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant will perform a variety of activities in the Payroll and Human Resources areas. A key function will be payroll processing for our bi-weekly payrolls and all of the related payroll input and reporting for that activity. This position will also have responsibility for a number of employee recordkeeping and reporting requirements in support of the human resources team. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
• Enter employee new hires, make status changes and terminations within the ADP payroll application and peripheral employee applications.
• Analyzes and prepares data for payroll processing.
• Ensures accurate set up of pay codes, deductions, benefits, tax and direct deposit information for employee records.
• Prepares standard and non-standard payroll and human resources reporting as required.
• Prepare and maintain all hard-copy employee personnel files and remains current with all filing of records in those files.
• Responds to payroll inquiries as necessary.
• Processes and assures compliance with all child support and garnishment orders.
• Perform a number of support activities in human resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, human resources or related field preferred.
• Proficient in the use of computers and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Previous payroll processing experience required with ADP payroll experience a significant plus.
• Must have a high-level of attention to detail.
• Requirement to handle and maintain confidential information is a critical requirement and no exceptions will be made for breach of this requirement.
• Must be a team player, and have the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Must perform work in a highly accurate, complete and timely manner.
• Must be dependable and able to meet critical deadlines.