To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02129
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Finance and Accounting Outsourcing- Manager
RSM US LLP • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
The Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) Manager is responsible for managing FAO engagements and client relationships, and overseeing all areas relating to accounting and financial management for RSM's FAO clients. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and management reports. The position is also responsible for developing and maintaining budgets and forecasts for FAO clients, and providing interpretive analysis and financial decision support to client management. This role supervises senior associates, associates and client service representatives in their A/P and A/R transaction processing, month-end closing, reporting and budgeting/forecasting duties. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities simultaneously for a number of clients in a shared services environment. You will also oversee initial assessments, implementations and on-boarding of new FAO clients. You will be responsible for managing/coaching the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. You will have significant contact with clients, including the client's other professional services providers, and will coordinate the involvement of RSM resources from other practice areas such as Tax and Valuation where appropriate. The manager role is also responsible for engagement administration such as setting and monitoring engagement time/resource budgets, and establishing appropriate service agreements and statements of work. You will also participate in meetings with new client prospects and be involved in the proposal process.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team
- Superior ability to prioritize and focus in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technology software applications
- Great communication skills as contact with clients and others will be extensive and ongoing
- Interest in personal/professional development and advancement
- Dedication to lifelong learning, including staying abreast of best practices in financial management
- Ability to analyze and interpret - not just report - financial information to add value to client businesses as a trusted adviser
- Overall day-to-day management of the accounting and finance functions of multiple clients in a shared services environment
- Prepare/review financial statements and supporting reconciliations, analyses and work papers
- Prepare/review management reporting packages, board packages, etc.
- Prepare/review budgets and forecasts
- Analyze and interpret financial information for client management and provide actionable insight and decision support
- Direct initial assessments, implementations and onboarding of new FAO clients
- Manage and coach senior associates, associates and client service representatives
- Establish engagement budgets
- Write service agreements and statements of work
- Participate in meetings with new client prospects and in the proposal process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience in a public accounting firm, consulting firm or other professional services environment preferred but not required
- Progressive experience in accounting and financial management in a corporate accounting environment, in roles such as accounting manager, assistant controller, controller, director of finance CFO.
- Strong technical financial accounting (GAAP) knowledge
- Strong management accounting and operational finance knowledge
- Experience in the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function (financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting/ERP software. Knowledge of Intacct and/or Bill.com a plus.
- Proven leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with sensitivity to timeframes, budgets, and outcomes across multiple clients/projects.
- Ability to work independently in a growing, dynamic, fast-paced environment with extensive multi-tasking demands
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.