Under the supervision of a Field Service Mechanic, this incumbent will provide scheduled maintenance responsibilities to include complete lube changes, filter services, and brake adjustments on customer equipment located in the Theodore Service Center area and maintain records of all maintenance performed.
The incumbent in this position will, as time permits, provide support and assistance to field service mechanics by accompanying them on service calls to customer sites and as a "trainee" assist in dismantling, overhauling, and assembling customer equipment and machinery. The incumbent will be required to prepare paperwork for billing purposes and ensuring proper accounts are charged.
Nature and Scope:
The Scheduled Maintenance / Mechanic Trainee reports directly to the Service Center Manager, but works under the immediate supervision of a Field Service Mechanic (FSM) assigned to perform repair and maintenance of material handling equipment. The incumbent will assist the FSM with major repairs to customer equipment. The incumbent will also assist in any tasks such as dismantling, overhauling, and assembling of equipment and machinery. The incumbent will work with the FSM in any way that will allow the FSM to perform repairs more efficiently.
The incumbent will assist in providing the Service Center Manager information such as the name of the customer, description of machine, nature of malfunction, time involved in working, driving, waiting, and mileage so that proper accounts may be charged and proper billing is made.
In all duties, the Scheduled Maintenance / Mechanic Trainee will promote and enhance the company's image by maintaining a neat personal appearance and by keeping the service truck in a clean, polished, and orderly condition. The incumbent will be courteous to the customer and the customer's employees and the incumbents work habits will include initiative and a positive attitude.
1. Schedule maintenance responsibilities to include complete lube changes, oil changes, filter services, and brake adjustments, as follows:
a. Coolant system maintenance to include draining and refilling.
b. Check all vehicle fluids and make general repairs when necessary
c. Check oil levels, as well as status of tires, air filters, windshield wiper fluid, brake fluid, and engine coolant.
d. Change worn out or broken belts, hoses, spark plugs or windshield wiper blades.
e. Maintain record of all maintenance performed.
2. Clean and maintain work area as needed.
3. As time permits, accompany field service mechanics to job sites as a trainee and to learn as much as possible with the future prospect of becoming a Field Service Mechanic
* High School graduate or GED.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier.
* Must meet physical demands of job which includes stooping, bending, climbing, twisting, and capability of lift up to 50 lbs or occasionally 60 lbs.
* Must have natural mechanical abilities. Mechanical work experience or training preferable.