To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phone: (310) 836-7000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE ONLINE INTERVIEWS - SIGN UP NOW!
Alta Hospitals System • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVES ONLINE INTERVIEWS
SIGN UP NOW!
Click the link below to set up your online job fair appointment.
Patient Access Representatives
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Patient Access Rep I arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of all inpatients and outpatients. Ensures that accurate patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policy and procedures.
- Registers all patients according to department procedures. Completes all necessary admission (including consent) forms accurately and thoroughly. Prior to entering patient information into Optimum verifies the medical record status using Master Patient Index function. Ensures that the patient's name, chief complaint and other information are entered accurately. Prepares the patients financial folder and distributes copies to appropriate departments.
- Ensures that each account is billable, and if necessary, pre-certification requirements are met. Contacts physician's offices to obtain required pre-admission information as needed. Ensures that patients have required authorization for scheduled procedures. Explains hospital polices regarding payment of service, collects payments and issues receipts. Requests identification cards, and insurance cards during the admission process, obtains copies of all cards (front and back). Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility. Ensures that each patient receives an identification bracelet upon admission.
- Operates PBX and answers all incoming calls and transfers to the appropriate department or patient room in a professional. Performs paging via overhead and other hospital systems when required, including announcing and reporting hospital emergency codes.
- Ensures physicians are authorized to admit patients. Appropriately refers all physicians on delinquency list to hospital administrator or designee.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and others. Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, employees, and visitors.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of admitting office and/or PBX operator experience required. Basic Understanding of Medical Terminology required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Strong time management skills. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Computer literacy and proficiency. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Previous Healthcare Experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Keywords: Patient Access, PBX, operator, Patient Relations, Admin, Administrative, Medical Records, Representative