Compensation (Range): $45-$50/ hour
If you are an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Your specific duties as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Determines the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with product and performance; recommends solutions or enhancements.
- Plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in production; trains line employees on new processes and methods.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally.
- Define manufacturing standard working methods.
- Supports capital acquisition and capacity planning and change control.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Manufacturing Engineers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Fundamentals Of Manufacturing: Basic competence in the body of knowledge as defined by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers for a Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT). The body of knowledge includes the following areas: Mathematics, Applied Science, Process Design, Materials, Manufacturing Processes, Manufacturing Management, Manufacturing Economics, Quality Control, Computer Applications, and Automation.
- Certified Manufacturing Technologist (Society of Manufacturing Engineers), or local equivalent). 3 or more years of experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Equipment / Capital Procurement: Understanding the requirements for purchasing tools and equipment according to Production Equipment Specifications. Capital purchases require the approval of a Request for Capital Appropriations (RFA) which includes justification of the project from a financial/ strategic standpoint and must be completed in a specific format defined by the documented procedure. Thorough understanding of the Production Equipment Specifications. Significant experience in purchasing tools and equipment. Has written significant Request for Capital Appropriations (over $100K).
- Fundamentals Of Controls Engineering: Knowledge of various hardware and software used in the control of manufacturing processes and equipment. Includes understanding of: Programmable Logic Controllers, Ladder Logic, and Human-Machine Interfaces. Communication networks and protocols used on the shop floor. Control systems including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical sources of energy. Sensors, actuators, and various loop control technologies. Motion control, servo systems, and multiaxis control including robotics. Can lead controls installation projects. Proficient at programming logic controllers and interface devices. Can specify and design significant upgrades to existing equipment. Can expand and setup new communications networks. Understands the interface of the shop floor control system to the Manufacturing Execution System.
- Fundamentals of Industrial Engineering: Concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems. Knows and can teach others how to conduct a work measurement study and balance a production line using the data from a work measurement study. Robust knowledge of ergonomic principles and utilize my knowledge in my projects. Has experience developing and creating process documentation. Utilized material flow data to develop an efficient and effective facility layout.
- Workstation Design: This skill involves being able to design an operator station. Design of an operator station requires knowledge of anthropometrics, ergonomics, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) safety standards, office layout guidelines, etc. Many of these standards must be utilized to develop an efficient work station design. Can design workstations for an entire assembly line or office area, considering multiple process types and people.
- Ergonomics: Intended to reduce operator fatigue and discomfort. It is a scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance. Can develop and implement a comprehensive ergonomics program for the performance cell based on statistical data and can make the necessary improvements to reduce/eliminate ergonomic risk factors. Certified as an Ergo in Action Green Belt.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement: Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes. Needs no guidance with regards to this skill and can apply it in a wide range of work situations. Able to train others in problem solving.
- A Bachelors’ Degree is a requirement to be considered for this position. Manager prefers to see engineering or related degrees.
- Manager is seeking candidates with at least 5 years’ real-world experience in this field. He needs someone whom can come in and rather quickly, get up to speed with the job. With this shared, candidates with only experience as it relates to their education and/or school projects are not a match for this position.
- Automotive industry experience is preferred. If a candidate doesn’t have that, direct experience with robotics and automation is needed.
- Manager is seeking candidates with experience in troubleshooting & root cause analysis.
- CAD, AutoCAD, Minitab (statistical process control)
- This is a 2nd shift need with working hours being 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Some overtime including work on Saturdays may be needed on occasion.
- Position is 6 months to start – it is possible (not a guarantee) that the role may be extended for a longer period of time.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Senior Manufacturing Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: engineer, manufacturing engineer, automotive, engines, combustion, integrated manufacturing, assembly, fabrication processes, manufacturing plant, product specification, implements, plans, designs, product, performance, identify problem, recommends solutions, improve efficiency, train line employees, equipment availability, continuous improvement tools, manufacturing standard working methods, capital acquisition, capacity planning, change control, CMfgT, manufacturing economics, quality control, computer applications, robotics, automation, mathematics, applied science, society of manufacturing engineers, certified manufacturing technologist, purchasing tools and equipment, capital purchases, RFA, request for capital appropriations, documented procedure, controls engineering, hardware, software, programmable logic controllers, ladder logic, human-machine interfaces, control systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical sources of energy, sensors, actuators, loop control technologies, motion control, servo systems, lead control installation projects, programming logic controllers, interface devices, upgrades, expand, new communication networks, shop floor, industrial engineering, design, integrated systems of people, work measurement study, balance a production line, ergonomic principles, material flow, design operator station, anthropometrics, NIOSH, national institute of occupational safety and health, safety standards, office layout, design workstations, comprehensive ergonomics program, performance cell based, ergo in action green belt, corrective action processes, preventative action processes, bachelors, CAD, AutoCAD, Minitab, statistical process, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, 2nd shift, second shift