Job ID: 462903
The Dolomite Group, a CRH Company, was founded in 1920 as an aggregate mining business. Over 100 years later, Dolomite continues to be the preferred supplier of Construction Aggregates, Hot Mix Asphalt, and Ready Mix Concrete for customers throughout the Greater Rochester Region and Southern Tier. Our high-quality Products, Culture of safety, and the strong dedication of our employees have always been the key to our success. If you're looking for a challenging, stable, and rewarding career in a thriving industry, apply today!
This is a paid intern position involving the safe and efficient diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile equipment including, bulldozers, loaders, haul trucks, excavators and other quarry equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Learn and follow safety regulations
* Ability to learn and train for all aspects of the position.
* Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
* Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
* Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
* Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
* Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
* Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
* Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
* Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
* Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, changing filters, taking oil samples, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
* Possess a strong drive to fulfill commitments and tremendous enthusiasm.
* Requires daytime, nighttime & some weekend hours. Travel will be required inside the company's operational area.
* Report to the assigned job site with appropriate personal protective equipment and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Internship candidate - college student enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited mechanic program. Must be 18 or older.
* Experience in heavy equipment mechanic environment is preferred.
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
* Welding, torching, mechanically inclined, heavy highway experience preferred.
* Understanding of leadership skills and strong communication skills a plus.
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2023
- Construction Plant Operation