****This person will need to be on site 2x a week in Chicago (60618) just north of the loop. ****
Our Senior Software Engineer will help lead the digital transformation of our core applications and services. As we pursue a large undertaking over the next 3 to 5 years to transform all our technology platforms, we look to build a strong strategy for scaling, modernizing, and automating all applications and processes involved. This role will collaborate with company-wide departments and teams to design, develop, and support applications and services for the future.
- Integrate enterprise systems while in close discussions with other information technology leaders.
- Make development decisions while considering our long-term strategy and vision.
- Provide technical expertise over the course of the software development life cycle.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Assist in automating the building and deployment of our applications.
- Contribute to the strategy around data security and data governance.
- Design applications and services for high availability while supporting a hybrid (on-prem/cloud) infrastructure.
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years in a lead engineer capacity.
- Understanding of cloud application functions: containerization, container orchestration, messaging services, webhooks, and low code development.
- Experience with development around Azure cloud resources including Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps and API Management.
- Proven experience with service-oriented architectures and methodologies including REST and SOAP APIs and/or associated data formats (XML, JSON).
- Proficient hands-on experience creating and maintaining relational database concepts with MS SQL Server. Experience with data warehousing technologies such as Databricks and Azure Synapse Analytics a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience with various collaboration tools: Azure DevOps, JIRA, and/or MS Teams.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Agile Methodology
- Api Manager
- Azure Data Factory