Data Analyst (Trading Platform
New York, NY (Hybrid/work 3 days onsite in NY office)
12 months contract with a probable extension
Our direct client is a leading global asset management firm. They are looking to hire a Junior Data Analyst to join their team. The candidate will take responsibility for business requirements, data analysis, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role, he or she need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
- Develop reports and analysis.
- Analyzes, designs, redesigns, and documents "as is and "to be business processes.
- Translates business strategies and objectives into business requirements.
- Provides traceability of business requirements to IT Solutions
- Analyzing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Identifies data elements and provides data mappings/dictionaries.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Conducts/facilitates acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including, development of UAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the business application, database and reports.
- Partners with Business/IT in define and management of scope with each release.
- Training end-users on new application/feature, reports, and dashboards.
- High-level understanding of various API data.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or business analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, Client terms.
- High-level experience in different project methodologies (including Waterfall and Agile)
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com
- Agile Methodology
- Asset Management
- Attention To Detail
- Big Data
- Business Processes