Representative, Human Resources
Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel LLC– Burns Harbor as an immediate opening for a Human Resources Representative. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment supporting a broad range of human resource activities within the operations.
- Administer the internal and external recruiting and hiring programs for the salaried and bargaining unit workforce in assigned plant departments
- Coordinate new hire orientation/onboarding
- Administer organizational development and succession planning programs at the plant level with management, including workforce planning
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of various training programs
- Maintain employee demographic, headcount, attrition, organizational charts, and critical vacancy lists
- Assist in administering employee benefits including short-term/long-term disability, restricted work analyses as per the ADA, and the FMLA
- Administer and interpret the collective bargaining agreement in consultation with Labor Relations
- Assist management in the implementation of company policies and procedures, investigate potential violations, and offer recommendations in resolution of these matters
- Conduct workplace investigations and advises management on actions to be taken .
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 3 years of human resources and/or labor relations work experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management systems
- Working knowledge (minimum 3 years) of Ceridian or comparable Human Resources and payroll management systems.
- Organized, detail-oriented, result-driven, excellent communicators and willing to work autonomously, following initial direction and instruction.
- Self-starter who displays motivation, initiative, innovation, and enthusiasm
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Five or more years of Human Resources experience in a large, manufacturing, unionized environment
- SHRM - CP/PHR certification.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Attention To Detail
- Collective Bargaining
- Employee Retention
- Fair Labor Standards Act