Our Client is looking to fill a Pre-Access Scheduler role in the northern suburbs of Chicago. The Pre-Access Scheduler performs pre-registration and pre-admission functions to provide information to maximize reimbursement, achieve collection ratios, and meet account receivable (AR) goals. Performs outpatient and inpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions. Provides general and specific information to patients, patient families and physician offices.
Pre-Access Representative Duties and Functions:
- Schedules all patients for outpatient procedures including radiology, special procedures, surgical procedures, cardiology, pulmonary and laboratory. Recognizes and utilizes ICD-9 and CPT codes to identify correct procedure based on order
- Ensures the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the clinical diagnostic area; reschedules and cancels patient appointments as required.
- Provides accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination, procedure and financial requirements by applying knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT codes. Prepares and mails patient itineraries or notices, as required
- Screens patients for Medical Necessity using system tools and follow-up with patient and physician, obtaining a new order or discussing the need to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice when required
- Pre-registers outpatients for outpatient clinical, diagnostic and surgical encounters and pre-admits inpatients for inpatient stays. Completes pre-registration and pre-admission questionnaires. Verifies insurance requirements
- Ensures that financial protocols and requirements are met while providing caring access to service at Presence Health facilities by verifying authorization prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas. Maintains and applies current knowledge of insurance requirements when notifying patients of insurance benefits and self-pay financial obligations including previous balances
- Provides information and assistance to patients to ensure they understand the Financial Assistance policy and application process. Seeks assistance from Financial Counselors and/or Pre-Encounter Representatives II when needed to maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues.
Pre-Access Representative Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- (1) year of experience in hospital admissions/registration or physician's office
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and are interested in the Pre-Access Representative position please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 55594
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
LaSalle Network is the premier provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has individual business practices specializing in Accounting & Finance, Technology, Office Services, Call Center, Human Resources, Marketing, Supply Chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle and Executive Search.
View the full profile
LaSalle Network works with companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle’s innovative and unique approach to staffing is designed to provide its clients with quality talent who not only match their job requirements, but the company culture as well. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served thousands of clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in contract and direct hire positions. With 15% year over year organic growth, LaSalle was ranked on the Inc. 500/5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.