To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milford, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Buyer/Analyst - Raw Materials Procurement (Entry Level)
Edgewell Personal Care • Milford, CT
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Edgewell Personal Care is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of over 25 well-known brands of consumer and personal care products. We are 6000 colleagues strong with a presence in over 50 countries.
Edgewell's brands include shaving products including Schick and Wilkinson Sword razors and blades, shaving gels including Edge and Skintimate, Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sun screens, Playtex Infant Care products, including spill-proof cups, baby bottle liners, pacifiers, and Diaper Genie; Feminine Care products, including Playtex and o.b. tampons, and Stay free and Care free pads and liners, and Wet Ones wipes.
Our latest additions to the Edgewell family of personal care brands include two full product lines of skin care and grooming products for men: Bull Dog and Jack Black.
This Buyer position will provide on-the-job training for a Supply Chain/Business graduate with any relevant experiences through professional employment, or through internships/Co-ops. In this position you will focus on the strategic aspects of Procurement for area of Raw Materials spends, (plastics resins and steel products), for our Schick Razor business, with tactical support and training as needed for this raw materials category.
- Responsible to support and implement Category strategies for and spend
- Actively manage commodity / regional spend along with the supply base and internal relationships that come with the assigned segmentation
- Supplier negotiations, contract/ MSA execution
- Monitoring price / PPV / LE forecasting
- System / SAP / Ariba interfaces
- Delivering to annual CIP targets
- Development of industry expertise, and support detailed supply market analysis
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic Sourcing and supplier evaluation processes
- Contract execution and management, Business law
- Understands and complies with regulatory bodies and programs
- Maintains and establishes key performance Metrics
- SRM – Supplier Relationship Management
- IRM - Internal Stakeholder Relationship
- Budget / planning / financial tracking / analytics
- Supports NPD activity and innovation stream
- Understanding of Total Cost model
- 7 step strategic sourcing process
- RFP/RFQ process
- Supports all Procurement Initiatives as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering (or other related degree programs)
- 1+ years in Internships, Co-ops or direct employment in a Buyer/Procurement or Supply Chain Analyst position
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing process is helpful
- Demonstrated knowledge of working in an ERP manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive change and results
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface at varied levels of the organization, team player
- Strong Excel and database manipulation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint),
- SAP and/or Ariba a 'Plus' but not required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPIM or CSCMP certifications
- Six Sigma or Lean/Kaizen
- Procurement in an ERP environment, SAP / Ariba
- Consumer Products Industry
- Reports directly to Category Manager
- Peers in Direct Procurement
- Close collaboration with internal cross functional groups.
- Functional teams
- External suppliers and their organizations
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.