The Sr. Systems Administrator responsibilities consist of design, implementation, maintenance, support and disaster recovery for various systems, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Systems, VMWare, Lotus Notes\Domino, and Active Directory. In addition, the Administrator will help manage the full technical environment, including systems administration responsibilities across a wide array of technical services. This role also provides email, messaging & system administration services, and monitors systems and email services for performance and connectivity. Other responsibilities include providing advanced level support to the end users.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the environment and provides subject matter expertise for an enterprise class system (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktopm "VDI/VDA", ESX, Storage, Active Directory, SQL Administration).
- Provides architecture, design and implementation support for complex system configurations.
- Utilizes problem solving and troubleshooting skills in enterprise level environments, being able to logically step through issues and troubleshoot problems by thinking outside of the box and being creative with solutions.
- Accommodates customer requirements and possesses a drive to provide a high level of customer service, which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues.
- Works within a team environment, but also operates independently in the absence of strict guidance to correct issues and improve the environment, as appropriate.
- Relates technical issues and requirements to business issues, and vice versa. Communicates these issues to non-technical internal associates and customers.
- Provides general administration of various systems in the organization including, but not limited to, the messaging environment supporting 30k plus users, spam filter and other mail related systems / tools.
- Acquires and maintains competent knowledge of relevant products, current support policies and methods of support delivery.
- Researches, delivers and documents confident, accurate technical solutions to end users on a timely basis.
- Provides assistance and guidance, acting as an escalation point for team members to resolve complex issues. Determines root cause and business impact of issues, reports issues and proposes solutions.
- Prioritizes problem solutions effectively, based on business value, risk, urgency, and level of effort.
- Completes complex special projects with an advanced knowledge of company & organization policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains information technology systems with a regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Completes, and occasionally leads, complex projects as assigned by management.
- Required to participate within an on-call schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Requires technical degree, certification or equivalent experience.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems..
- MCSE, VMware and Citrix certifications are encouraged
- Should have 5-7 years or more of VMware and Citrix experience, at least 3 in a Senior level role.
- Requires knowledge of TCP/IP protocol; requires knowledge of networking hardware and ability to use that knowledge to configure and maintain installed systems.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)