To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
13J Fire Control Specialist
Army National Guard • Covington, TN
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
JOINT Automated Systems are tools that help provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the tactical levels of combat. As a Fire Control Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to integrate and process information from multiple users by utilizing the JOINT system and other automated systems used by the Army National Guard.
• Operate communications systems
• Primary tactical data system operations
• Database management
• Fire mission processing
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Computing target locations
• Operating gun, missile, and rocket systems
• Artillery tactics
• Interest in cannon and rocket operations
• Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
• Ability to multitask
• Capable of working as a team member
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in computer programming or telecommunication.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Fire Control Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.