Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be the expert in operating all types of DNNA trucks and specialty equipment to prepare and deliver any company explosive products to customers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. You will be part of a dynamic team who drives and operates straight bed vehicles over public roads to move or deliver explosive products to company or customer sites in a timely and safe manner. Other duties will include:
- Ability to competently complete inventory records, other appropriate documentation and reports
- Drive and operate bulk/blend truck to prepare and deliver quality ANFO products to customer sites
- Operate and perform maintenance on straight, ANFO, and dewatering trucks (or less), deliver and off load product within DN H&S Management System procedures and practices
- Calibrate equipment, calculate fuel percentages and check emulsion density
- Load and unload all trucks, and maintain magazines, sites and inventories
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions in the shop, while driving and operating equipment and while on blast sites to protect personal safety and safety of others
- Prepare and maintain all records and reports concerning the handling and transportation of explosive products, including safety, and the use and detonation of explosives, to assure accurate billing, regulatory compliance and performance history
- Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company policies and procedures from applicable technical modules, SOPs, work site, and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA and BATFE.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Proactively handle safety issues and practice Take 5! process by using the HAT tool to promote personal responsibility for safety.
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 36 months of related experience, including 24 months of explosives industry
- Must satisfy the requirements for a “possessor of explosives” as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
- Operate and perform minor maintenance of heavy motor vehicles including TTT and SMS trucks and perform gassing operations within H&S Management System procedures
- Acquire and maintain all appropriate licenses and certifications required by federal, state and county entities (e.g. CDL’s for commercial drivers with HAZMAT and Air Brakes endorsements).
- Satisfactory completion of and demonstrated competencies in DNNA specified training modules, including technical, regulatory and other applicable skill based training.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, and to communicate in writing and verbally.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)