After applying to this Job using the Apply or Apply Now button, you can follow up on your application by calling our Enterprise Delivery Center at ( 800.595.8658). Be sure to note the Job ID number ( 194915) found on this page and reference it when calling about the position.
Job Title: Technician ( Surface Finish Technician )
Location: Beltsville Maryland
Job description :
A leader in Aerospace technology who is constantly pushing the boundaries of our capabilities is space is looking for a Technician to provide support for the painters onsite. This is strictly a support role, while previous aerospace painters are encouraged to apply, please be aware this is not meant to be a transitional role to becoming a painter in the near future.
• Prepping/Masking of detail parts for etching and painting and chemical conversion coating according to blueprints, written procedures.
• Cleaning and performing routine maintenance of paint shop equipment.
• Handling and managing fragile aerospace materials and assemblies. • Basic chemical analysis for basic immersion etching and cleaning line.
• Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness using established LEAN practices.
• Working with a team to complete daily/weekly tasks per plan and within established shop practices and procedures.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Able to read and work to written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
• HVLP experience, silicate, polyurethane, two part epoxy paint experience highly desired.
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to be on feet for up to 9 hours each day.
• Ability to adhere to written procedures
• Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
• Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed. Potential for swing shift coverage.
High School Diploma
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today! To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Rate 16/hr