To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
30 Braintree Hill Office Park
Braintree, MA 02184
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Client Relationship Director
Voya Financial • Braintree, MA
Posted 15 days ago
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Strategic Relationship Manager (SRM) is a senior-level individual contributor responsible for Voya’s largest Corporate Retirement Plan Sponsor relationships. The SRM manages a book of business comprised of Fortune 100 and 500 companies and is responsible for overall client satisfaction, retention and relationship expansion. This position can sit anywhere in the continental US.
- Relationship Management: Meets with client key stakeholders regularly to develop trust-based relationships within client organizations, including Senior Executives, Treasury, Human Resources and Benefits. Attends Plan Investment and Administrative Committee meetings as appropriate. Understands the client’s organizational structures, industry, key objectives and business drivers. Develops relationships with outside consultants and other client service providers. Acts as conduit between C-level client contacts, (e.g., CFO, CHRO, etc.) and Voya Executive Leadership team.
- Strategic Account Management: Through consultative engagement, works with clients to understand their talent and benefits strategies and objectives as well as the role that the retirement program plays within the broader employer value proposition. Analyzes plan data and industry trends and develops a strategic plan around plan design, product and participant engagement solutions to meet clients’ needs. Leads Voya’s cross-functional service team to execute against the plan and report on effectiveness based on agreed-to metrics.
- Client Growth: Identifies business opportunities for both organic growth and cross-sale of other Voya products and works within the Voya organization to develop, position, close and implement these solutions. Participates in the sales process for new 401(k) business.
- Client Retention and Contract Negotiations: Responsible for client retention and manages RFIs, RFPs, and benchmarking exercises for client portfolio. Manages contract negotiations for existing clients. Responsible for pricing strategy, contract preparation and signing. Negotiates appropriate Service Level Agreements.
Business Leadership: Subject matter expert and senior contributor to management team providing insight, strategies and “best practices” that advance the business. Works with junior members of the service team providing guidance and mentoring to ensure client satisfaction and effective relationship management
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 – 15 years of Retirement Industry/Human Resources Experience
- Strong Client Management experience and skills
- Deep technical knowledge of plan design features for 401(k) and non-qualified, ERISA plans, legal and regulatory framework, industry trends.
- In-depth knowledge of financial products and services, preferably within institutional retirement services.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Industry certifications and FINRA licensing preferred
Travel – 25 – 40% of Time
Locations – Nation-wide.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.