To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Warfighter Support Rapid Engineering & Deployment Engineer
Perspecta • Chantilly, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities
The Rapid Engineering & Deployment Engineer provides SE&I efforts enabling Warfighter Support (WFS) to provide cutting edge technology and engineering solutions to ensure timely access, discovery, and retrieval of GEOINT by warfighters and IC partners. The WFS SE will enable rapid acquisition and employment of commercially available, open source technologies that allow scalable, extendable distributed interoperable GEOINT capabilities and services. The WFS SE will develop mission-driven prioritized requirements for Solutions Engineering and Implementation, Requirements and Interface Engineering, Integration and Test, and End-To-End (E2E) Performance Modeling and Analysis, following lean agile process methodology. The WFS SE will also work closely with customers to evaluate security risk to ensure compliance with IC policies and standards; develop deliverables documenting the planning, policy, interfaces and architecture of technical security services.
WFS SE project deliverables (generated in accordance with NGA best practices and lean agile methods tailored based on government direction) may include: project plans/schedules, user needs assessment, architecture integration and interoperability analysis, CONOPS, requirements & products engineering, test plans/procedures/reports, TTO, System Assessment & Authorizations and readiness and opportunities/risks/issues management. The WFS SE must have a working knowledge of the NSG architecture, initiatives, segments, programs of record, systems, interfaces, NTO test engineering, GEOINT production life cycle and mission use cases, IC and DoD security policy and procedures and applications. In addition, WFS SE should have a solid understanding of Combatant Command, Service Component Command, and Combined/Joint Task Force structures, their garrison and expeditionary operations, and how NGA's capabilities support them. The WFS SE should have a working understanding of NGA’s Key Components and how they work together to provide NGA support as an Intelligence Agency and as a Combat Support Agency. The WFS SE will be a key contributor enabling NGA’s innovative all source capabilities engineering and technology insertion process, from mission needs identification through rapid solutions implementation.
Other WFS SE roles and responsibilities include:
- Requests for Change (RFCs)/Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) assessments, impacts, inputs
- Validation of interface operability and satisfaction of integrated inter-system requirements
- Project Status and Technical Review artifacts
- Mission Partner and Stakeholder Integration across organizations, programs, and projects
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- B.S. in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering / related technical field or equivalent experience
- 16+ yrs. experience in related field, with 10+ years recent agency (NEA, NGA systems, GEOINT) experience
- Strong SE&I skill/experience applying SE&I processes and project solutions engineering, planning for integration into complex systems or enterprises, requirements analysis, interface definition, detailed implementation planning, readiness, systems transitions/experience developing TAPs
- Experience with software/hardware systems including systems testing, deployment, transition planning/execution to operations and/or Operations & Sustainment (O&S)
- Demonstrated experience with security engineering policies and procedures supporting ICD 503 accreditation and NIST 800-53, CNSS 1253 implementation; Assessment & Authorizations
- Technical project leadership planning/scheduling/analysis expertise and experience
- Self-starter comfortable with limited direction to execute; Ability to independently solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational & multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Comfortable briefing technical and non-technical audiences including senior leaders, general/flag officers
Highly Desired Qualification
- Amazon Web Services Certification and experience with the AWS Import/Export Snowball technology
- M.S. in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering / related technical field or equivalent experience
- Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), IT (ITIL), Agile (SA; CSM), & Cloud certifications; SAFe model SME
- Professional certification, commensurate with experience and compliant with DOD 8570
- Firm understanding of requirements definition, allocations, traceability, linkages and dependencies
- Strong technical understanding of networks (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN), topologies, web technologies
- Client/server architecture fundamentals understanding
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience using SAFe, JIRA, Confluence, and scrum methodologies
- Working knowledge of NSG & NGA Acquisition Processes & Change Management/CM processes
- Experience working Security Accreditation and Authorization process activities/compliance
- Familiarity with NGA Leaders; Working knowledge of NGA Organization, Portfolios, PORs, TAs
- Military intelligence, military acquisition, and/or combat arms experience especially at Combatant Command and tactical unit levels