Kelly Science is hiring temporary Accessioning Technicians for a Clinical Lab in Vancouver, WA. Accessioning Technicians will be receiving, sorting, entering specimens into the Laboratory Information System, labeling, and processing samples received by the lab.
Shifts Available: Full Time
9am-5pm Tues -Sat- $15/hr
Duties will include:
- Receive specimens from mail carriers, count and sort specimens by department.
- Enter demographic information, test request, insurance information, and other pertinent data into the Laboratory Information System; scrutinize all samples for acceptability.
- Prepare samples for further laboratory analysis.
- Prepare specimen aliquots.
- Transport specimens to appropriate departments.
- Capture client and specimen data electronically.
- Prepare specimens to be sent to reference laboratories.
- Scan requisition forms and any other necessary paperwork onto the network server.
- Dispose of specimens more than 14 days old.
- Sanitize benchtops.
- Adhere to all safety and operational procedures.
- Work closely with supervisor and laboratory technologists as a part of an accessioning team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be comfortable working in a laboratory environment and be comfortable handling human specimens.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to perform to high level of accuracy.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player and works well with a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to respond to changing work conditions.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- General PC knowledge, Outlook, and proficiency with Windows programs.
- Use of barcode readers, scanners, and copiers/printers.
- Typing and data entry.
- Patient care or office experience preferred
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Attention To Detail
Laboratory Information Management Systems