Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of Optum’s Enterprise Technology team, you’ll be a core component in migrating new acquisitions into Optum’s secure network. Working side by side with acquired companies, you’ll use your networking expertise and understanding of Optum’s standards to successfully map out their network integration ensuring their business is not impacted while introducing additional layers of security to their environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leading & supporting network integrations of new acquisitions into Optum Secured Internet Edge
- Configuring, maintaining and supporting network infrastructure in multiple sites across the country
- Providing 24-hour support for network infrastructure in an on-call rotation
- Prioritizing multiple work streams simultaneously and still meet project deadlines
- Using your vast knowledge of networking architectures and tools to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Creating detailed network documentation and SOPs
- Leading config standardization across the network infrastructure
- Thinking critically to solve complex issues both with a team as well as independently
- Being comfortable in front of a whiteboard, marker in hand - you will be pitching ideas and solutions to complex problems, leading brainstorming sessions
- Using your effective communication to translate requirements to other network engineers and business leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting converged IP networks
- 5+ years of knowledge of core networking concepts Vlans, VRFs & VPNs
- 5+ years with advanced knowledge of routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- 5+ years of experience in supporting Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- 5+ years of experience with application architectures and DNS migrations
- 3+ years of experience supporting VMware compute and networking knowledge
- 3+ years of experience working in a change-controlled environment
- 2+ years of experience with SD-WAN Solutions, specifically Cisco Meraki/Viptela
- CCNP Certification
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification or higher
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls, A10 ADC, F5 Load Balancers and Blue Coat Proxies
- Knowledge of common development tools like Git & Jenkins
- Familiarity with network automation utilizing Ansible, Python, Jinja2
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.