POSITION SUMMARY: Provide on-site management and administrative services in a small apartment community serving residents with a severe and persistent mental illness. These individuals will receive case management and other clinical services from MHCD.
Compensation includes an apartment unit, salary and benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee safety and protective atmosphere of building and residents.
- Coordinate periodic social activities with apartment residents and other MHCD staff.
- Advise and consult with MHCD case managers and supervisor of consumer changes (unusual behaviors, missing, difficulties). All treatment decisions shall be made by clinical staff.
- Call for crisis intervention as needed, including but not limited to, reporting any serious rule violations/ illegal activities to supervisor and/or police.
- Coordinate move-ins, move-outs, and apartment inspections with MHCD case managers and residents.
- Assist resident in completion and submission of maintenance work orders.
- Clean common areas: hallways, laundry room, and community space.
- Update supervisor on important issues or concerns regarding the apartments and residents.
- Clean vacant units.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalency.
EXPERIENCE: Highly preferred that this individual has lived experience with and/or around behavioral health issues. Prefer previous apartment manager experience. Experience working with a disabled population preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to coordinate social activities with apartment residents and clinical staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Physical ability to bend, stretch and lift 20 pounds.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: Salaried position. Must carry company provided phone at all times and respond to calls/texts. Must be present on-site 12 A.M. to 8 A.M. daily (including weekends), plus an additional four hours per week (two - 2 hour blocks as agreed upon with Supervisor).
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.