WUSA, TEGNA's CBS affiliate in Washington DC, is seeking a Full-Time Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit/produce on all three. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high quality content and the content must be ready for air or web-posting in a timely manner.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Creative story telling of the highest journalist standards;
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
- Encode video for web and mobile distribution;
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus;
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus;
- Maintain and be responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy;
- Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Must have experience as a non-linear editor - preferably in a local TV news department environment;
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed;
- Must be able to work overnights;
- We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Experience in Edius and Adobe Premiere
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.