Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Performs complex administrative office duties involving report generations, budgetary assistance, and completing special projects in order to provide secretarial services.
- Must have three years of advanced secretarial experience.
- Prefer prior experience working with a Board of Managers.
- Prefer certification as a Certified Professional Secretary (CPS).
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must have intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar.
- Must be able to compose correspondence independently.
- Must be familiar with the operations of standard office equipment and health care terminology.
- Must be able to write effectively - Must be able to demonstrate good phone techniques and manners.
- Must be familiar with the assigned function's operations, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to use sound judgment in making complex decisions
- Provides administrative assistant support to assigned personnel.
- Screens and routes telephone calls, receives and refers visitors, schedules appointments, takes messages, maintains appointment calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings, and makes travel arrangements.
- Organizes and maintains office files and records in accordance with internal procedures to provide timely and accurate information as needed.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer, internal and/or external, satisfaction.
- Takes notes and/or meeting minutes that are technical and/or confidential in nature.
- Transcribes into final form ensuring that highly accurate information is documented.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with internal and external callers and coworkers to complete work efficiently.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Clerical, Healthcare Administration, Patient Care, Administrative, Healthcare
- Audio Equipments
- Certified Professional Secretary
- Customer Satisfaction
- Hardworking And Dedicated