To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brookhaven, MS-971, MS 39601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Staff Accountant
Brookhaven, MS-971, MS
Posted 2 months ago
Job Summary: Accurately and completely reflect financial status of the SDT business unit in monthly financial results. Supports various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to assisting in various accounting and reporting requirements, and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals.
- Assist CFO with managing the monthly close, preparation of monthly F&O reporting, as well as any other reporting required.
- Oversees all balance sheet reconciliations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and related items.
- Supports project accounting and job costing for construction and engineering projects
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare general ledger account entries
- Prepares and compiles monthly financial statement package accurately and timely in accordance with closing schedule and reporting due dates.
- Analyzes financial information surrounding balance sheet, income statement to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for management
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits
- Make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Assists with implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation and internal controls
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Assists with financial and tax audits