To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Hampton Inn Memphis Poplar
Hampton Inn By Hilton • Memphis, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A General Manager with Hilton is responsible for managingdaily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel'scontinuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financialprofitability.
Thenewly renovated Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar hotel is in the heart of Memphis onPoplar Avenue - the one road that leads to all the main districts of Memphis,from the prestigious streets of Germantown and eclectic Midtown to bustlingdowntown. Enjoy dinner at one of our favorites such as the original Corky's BBQestablished in 1984 and just 0.1 mile away from us. Visit attractions such asGraceland, Beale Street and Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid. Take the kids to seethe pandas at Memphis Zoo or catch an IMAX movie at the Pink Place Museum.
Ifyou're here for business, you will find several offices and corporationsnearby, including Bank of America and Coca-Cola. The University of Memphis isjust three miles away.
Combiningvalue with comfort, Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar provides everything you expectand those extra touches you might not. Wake up to a free, hot breakfast eachmorning or, if you're in a rush, just grab a Hampton On the Run™ Breakfast Bag,available Monday to Friday.
Takeadvantage of great amenities for relaxation and work including a 468 sq. ft.meeting room, a business center, outdoor pool and free fitness center. Weguarantee a clean and comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities. Keep intouch with free WiFi. Catch your favorite show on the 32-inch flat screen TVand have a great night's sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®.
Newly renovated guest rooms with mini-refrigerators
Located on Poplar Avenue with easy access to all the keydistricts of Memphis
468 sq. ft. meeting/special events space
On the Run® BreakfastBags available Monday-Friday
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hoteloperations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort todeliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically,you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the higheststandards:
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the excutive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2+ years GM experience, managing $2.5M in revenue
- Hilton brand experience
- Local market experience
Since being founded in 1919, HiltonWorldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, HiltonWorldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continuedleadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision,Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
HHospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
IIntegrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
LLeadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
TTeamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
OOwnership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
NNow - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending uponeligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly haveaccess to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family TravelProgram, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for youand your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by HiltonWorldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide'sHealth & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwidealso offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as EmployeeAssistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewingwith you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide TeamMember. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefitsoffered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefitslisted may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plandescription or official plan document.