Kelly Services is seeking a Software Test Engineer for a leading stock market company located in Shelton, CT.
Software Test Engineer
Location: Shelton, CT, 06484
Type: Temp to hire
Pay Rate: $80- $95 per hour (Flexible)
We are currently looking to fill a Software Engineering position responsible for Manual Testing & Test Automation Development. You will provide automated, and some manual functional testing as well as model-based testing of our most high visibility products. You will help design test plans for new projects, and ensure that testing procedures are consistently followed. You will use tools to report issues and consistently track status. You will bring an ample degree of industry knowledge to your position, which will help you in implementing a testing methodology maximized to the needs of the group. You will participate in development of major/minor project efforts as required. You are an excellent communicator.
Typical Job Functions:
- Automated and manual functional testing of new products/product features as well as automated regression testing of existing functionality.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating product test plans, test cases, automated test scripts, and scenarios.
- All tiers of testing – manual, automated, front-end, and back-end.
- Execution of test plans, automated test scripts and test cases to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards, development specifications, and/or client requirements.
- Reporting bugs and tracking status through a resolution system.
- Build and maintain test tools and test applications to perform automated functional and regression testing as well as model-based architecture testing.
- Work closely with development, product development, and operations departments to ensure quality and timely services are delivered to clients.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the market host systems.
- Review system requirements and business processes.
- Maintain testing tools to be used by the broader team.
- Minimum 3 years experience with QA testing or related functions
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools (required)
- Experience with automated testing tools (required)
- Experience with LINUX command-line environments (required)
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Management (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge with the US Equities market and the business functions behind it (preferred)
- Experience with financial industry messaging protocols – ie: FIX (preferred)
- Experience with UML programming and Model-Based systems design (preferred)
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem discovery and solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a creative thinker.
- Self-motivated (self-starter) and intellectually curious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and execute in a dynamic environment, adjusting appropriately to changes to business, resource, or product priorities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required, comparable experience may be substituted.
- Some domestic and international travel may be needed.
If you're interested in the position please send a follow up email (with your resume) to URL blocked - click to apply for further consideration. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now- URL blocked - click to apply"
Professional Technical Recruiter
Kelly Services, Inc.
URL blocked - click to apply
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply