We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better worldtogether. At Ford, we're all a part of something bigger than ourselves. What will you make today?
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles we're known for. In our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. You'll get the satisfaction of making great products people use and love.In this position...
You will provide vital expertise in support of our manufacturing process engineering activities. We're looking to you to help us optimize our efforts in safety, quality and productivity. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products. What you'll do...
- Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods. Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing
- Conduct Job Ergonomics evaluations
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower and review daily employee manpower, analyze plant methods and standards
- Prepare or direct the preparation of cost estimates of new or revised methods and standards
- Review proposed changes in plant layout, processes, material handling, routing, etc.
- Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards
- Conduct time and motion/MODAPTS studies and review employee proposals and suggestions
- Develop cycle line layouts for current and future models using ACAD. Lead job methodization and process allocations
- Coordinate engineering changes and planning. Conduct value stream mapping and process audits
- Develop cost saving project proposals and write projects as required
- Interface with Production Supervision and the UAW to settle job disputes
- Assist production in planning labor allocations for mix and line speed changes
Even better, you may have...
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ Years of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
- Experience in manufacturing engineering
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Previous production supervision
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder...or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call
- Business Process Improvement
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Management