Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and high profile opportunity for a Lead Cloud Engineer to work for a large financial organization located in Cincinnati, OH.
If interested in any Lead Cloud Engineering opportunities in the greater Cincinnati area, send a resume to Zach Zuke, Account Manager, at URL blocked - click to apply. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
We are looking for an automation engineer to join our cloud automation team. Must have experience with implementing & supporting Ansible Tower and Terraform Enterprise- not just using these tools.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for analysis, design, implementation, automation, and ongoing support of the Cloud Automation Infrastructure for an enterprise financial organization. Provides leadership and assists with the development and implementation of strategy. Builds and deploys cloud automation solutions of a moderate to high level of complexity. Follows corporate standards to implement cloud automation platforms and tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with architecture, security, infrastructure, and application teams to design and implement automation platforms and tools.
- Design, implement, and maintain automation platform and tools, including Ansible Tower, and Terraform Enterprise.
- Partner with outside teams to design, educate, and implement automation solutions for server, network, storage, middle-ware, database and security.
- Design, implement and maintain Continuous Integration and Delivery environments for automated provisioning.
- Assist with problem resolution for cloud automation issues.
- Create and update automation to eliminate routine management processes.
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements and qualifications.
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Engage vendor support as required
- Support Disaster Recovery Tests
- Perform capacity and performance management analysis.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience
- In depth understanding and proficiency with both Ansible Tower and Ansible
- In depth understanding and proficiency with Terraform Enterprise
- Proficiency with DevOps and CI/CD methodologies and tools for automated infrastructure code test, integration, deployment, and assurance
- Proficiency with Languages such as Python or Go
- Proficiency with multiple data center infrastructure technologies such as server virtualization, storage, network, security, middle-ware, and database.
- Experience with Software Development Methodologies
- Experience with security best practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Software Development Methodologies