PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer in Ridgeville, SC!
This is a plant is growing and is part of the supply chain to major automotive and diesel manufacturing facilities in the Low Country and the State of South Carolina. If you have strong Quality Engineering Experience in the aluminum industry, apply now!
This person will achieve quality targets for the plant by providing technical quality leadership and support to operational areas, suppliers, engineering and customers, and focuses on the evaluation and troubleshooting die cast, machined and assembled parts.
- Quality Engineer supports Manufacturing Operations with Quality problem resolution.
- Leads quality activities during process/product/supplier/new product development process.
- Participates in the customer problem solving process including APQP/QRQC meetings and completion of the CAR reports.
- Oversees the Quality and Chemistry labs.
Supervises Quality Reporting of Internal Quality metrics and employee training.
- Oversees Supplier quality issues and resolution.
- Supervise salaried non-exempt and Hourly non-exempt team members.
- Internal Reject PPM, Process Scrap, Open/closed corrective actions, Rework time, 8D completion status. Communicates the results of quality performance to the supported workforce. Provides routine report on quality performance and problem solving activities to the management team. Review and approve all MFG Change Communications. Monitors the product and process quality characteristics during manufacture, assembly and test to assure quality performance and control. Conducts process audits, product evaluations and intensive inspection to assure compliance to quality plans and expected results. Performs SPC analysis to verify ongoing process capability and stability. Applies SPC to predict changes and reacts before quality is affected. Participate in daily Cabbage Patch for NCM.
- Conducts quality planning activities such as PFMEA, measurement systems, inspection & test plans, process controls, control plans, standard work development, and product and process qualification plans.
- Leads the documentation, disposition, root cause and corrective action activities for internal quality issues and customer complaints. Is the authority in 8D/Six-sigma problem solving practices. Analyze scrap and determine reason or root cause of problem. ISO/IATF Compliance and Finding resolution.
- Continuous Improvement, Safety, Environmental, assist design in the process of design for quality & manufacturing, maintains relationships within the product teams, functional areas, suppliers and customers to secure appropriate support and buy-in for success. Leads product testing validation to established processes and procedures. Recommends, implements and approves new products/processes for quality.
- Deploy and maintain the Quality Foundation and required ISO quality standards within operations and audit to help maintain compliance. Trains factory employees, as necessary, in quality practices and techniques.
- Works with suppliers to implement corrective actions, process/product changes and improve part/process capability.
- Stop any line that may be considered unsafe or potentially unsafe or defective.
- Stop any line that may be producing suspect or defective material.
- Stop any line that may be performing outside established policies, procedures or work instructions.
- Bills pertaining to R&M expense
- Associates degree in engineering. Preferably in Metallurgy or Technical
- Minimum 5 years work experience in quality (foundry) supervising hourly team members, CNC machining and CMM/test equipment
- Ability to deal effectively with statutory authorities.
- Knowledge in AIAG Core Tools, statistical methods 8D problem solving and SPC.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Engineer $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Injection Molding